Houston Texas Museums
- 1940 Air Terminal Project - Houston Aeronautical Heritage Society project which will restore the long-vacant 1940's era Houston Municipal Airport Terminal as a civil aviation museum. Includes information on the history of the building as well as plans for its restoration.
- Blaffer Gallery - The art museum of the University of Houston.
- Buffalo Soldiers National Museum - Preserves, promotes and perpetuates the history, tradition and contributions of the Buffalo Soldiers toward the development and defense of the United States of America. Provides history and photo gallery.
- Burton Cotton Gin and Museum - Interprets life in an historic Texas cotton town. Includes information about upcoming events.
- The Children's Museum of Houston - Children's museum and library. Feature exhibit information, activities, membership, and volunteer opportunities.
- Contemporary Arts Museum - Free admission. Hours, museum history, information concerning programs and exhibits
- The Heritage Society - Museum located in Sam Houston Park. Offers community, exhibit, and visit planning information.
- The Heritage Society: Sam Houston Park - Outdoor museum near downtown Houston. Features park information.
- Holocaust Museum Houston - The permanent exhibit is entitled Bearing Witness: A Community Remembers. Exhibitions, calendar of events, membership and departmental details, education materials, and bookstore.
- Houston Fire Museum - Features the history of firefighting from bucket brigades to modern technology. Exhibits include antique fire engines, tools, uniforms, and helmets.
- Houston Museum of Natural Science - Virtual tour of the most popular museum in Texas, including the butterfly center and observatory.
- Lawndale Art Center - Dedicated to the presentation of contemporary art with an emphasis on Houston artists.
- The Menil Collection - Opened in 1987 to preserve and exhibit the art collection of John and Dominique de Menil, considered one of the most important privately assembled collections of the twentieth century.
- Museum of Cultural Arts, Houston - Provides the public with art related programs, services, and events. Describes various programs and community art projects.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston - Art of world cultures from antiquity to the present.
- Museum of Printing History - Offers an educational and fun history of civilization. Provides location information, schedule of exhibitions and events, and tour.
- National Museum of Funeral History - A museum of 19th and 20th century funerary history in the United States. Offers online collections, membership information, and gift shop.